– To prevent any infection, please avoid touching the treated area with your fingers unless washed, do not wear hats or toques without a shower cap underneath and if you do, limit to a short amount of time. The scalp may be red and swollen for 8-12 hours following the treatment.
– NO WATER ON THE SCALP FOR 72 HOURS! This may cause the pigment to migrate. After 72 hours you may apply water to the scalp, but please do not scrape or scratch the scalp until it is healed (no Loofahs or abrasives to be used on the scalp as it may remove the pigment and cause scarring).
– No exercise, sweating, or excitement for 72 hours. Stay cool and calm.
– No make-up, hair care products, sun, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7 days, until area is completely healed.
– Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue, if any).
– Use a sun screen after the procedure area has healed to prevent future premature fading of pigment color. PLEASE NOTE: if fading occurs due to sun damage on the scalp, touch ups and/or re-treatment will be charged at full price.
– Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. (Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling) it will fade your pigment color prematurely.
– For the first 2 weeks after the treatment, the color intensity of your procedure can be significantly brighter and darker, as well as larger and sharper or can be significantly lighter than what is expected for the final outcome. It can take up to 6 weeks for final results, depending on how fast your skin exfoliates.
– Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 2 weeks after your first treatment, and 2-4 weeks after your 2nd treatment. All SMP procedures are a multi-step process. Results are not determined until all touch-up applications have been completed.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please notify your technician immediately.
– If you have excessive redness, swelling or tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure site, contact your physician as the area may be infected and you may need to seek medical care.
Failure to follow the post-care instructions may cause increased sensitivity, discomfort, infection, pre-mature color loss or migration.